Databases in Focus: MEDLINE (via the Ovid interface)
Produced by the US National Library of Medicine and a cornerstone of any search for biomedical and health-related literature, MEDLINE can be used to locate articles of interest from thousands of scholarly journals. With records spanning 1946 to present, this key database is available at UniSA via the sophisticated Ovid interface, along with several other health-focused databases.
- Discover why and when to use MEDLINE (Ovid)
- Practice basic searching
- Explore MEDLINE limits (search refinement options)
- Learn key features of the contemporary Ovid platform
- Learn about advanced search options, such as:
- how to use the Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)
- combining and editing searches using the search history
- The last part of the session will briefly outline how to use MEDLINE for systematic searching as part of a reportable, comprehensive search strategy
Databases in Focus
The UniSA Library Databases in Focus series showcases features of databases available to UniSA students and staff. These concise one-hour workshops provide the opportunity to explore what these powerful literature search tools can offer for study, teaching, and research.
- Thursday, June 15, 2023
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
Event organised by Library
For information about this session, Ask the library.
More events from the Library
Time Zone: Adelaide (change)